If you are reading this post then it is OFFICIAL that I’ve almost survived my first year of raising twins. (Jaxson & Jayla are pictured above) I always hear that ole saying that “It goes fast” and after thinking about it, I’ve come to the realization that that shit ain’t true at least for me so far!
You see we began this journey about 20 months ago, but more like 19 since we were about 4 weeks in when we found out Sande (Wifey) was pregnant. It’s been a team effort since the beginning, although Sande did the majority of the “heavy lifting” for 8 or so months, I’ve been the spotter up to this point. Let me be the one to tell you that this part of the journey does not come without major challenges.
The kiddos turned 11 months a few days ago, and we are genuinely happy how far they have come since they were born. A lot has changed in our lives and fatherhood has been a enormous blessing. A blessing that comes with a lot of responsibility.
So I wanted to give you the Top 5 lessons I’ve learned since entering Fatherhood:
1. I’ve learned that your government name can change at ANY GIVEN moment.
- For example….”Can You” seems to be my First and Middle name at the moment. Subject to change!
2. Avoid headbutts AT ALL COSTS.
- Don’t think for a moment that because they are babies they can’t hurt you. These kids heads are hard as rocks, and if you are caught off guard or you zone out for a moment trying to sleep while they are awake, think again. They should have taught us how to properly avoid this is one of the many Twin classes we took, that took too damn long!!!!
3. Pee is not as bad as I once thought it was!!!
- Who knows where this will lead in our personal lives!!!!! 🙂
4. Shit gets WORSE! (LITERALLY!)
- In the beginning baby poop is not that bad. But I’ve noticed as they begin to eat solids, plus you throw a bottle in there to wash it down, their little baby poop is actually worse than some of the ones I have. Who would have thought?!?!
5. Sleep with a TWIST!!!!!!
- We all know a good full night’s sleep is worth every minute, but I’ve learned to add my own creative spin on a nightly basis. See I do whatever the kiddos want me to when they want me to do it, and I mimick what they do. I sleep when they sleep and I wake up when they wake me up to help them fall back to sleep.
Well those are my Top 5 Lessons Learned in my journey this far. I hope you have enjoyed and please continue to check back for more words of Fatherhood Wisdom from ya’ Boy J!!!! If you would like to see DAILY VLOGS of my adventures of being a twin father, check out our Daily Vlog channel!